Pages

December 1, 2009

Fried Sweet Potato Chips

In a time of carb-conscience, no white food dieters, this is a big no-no. However, like the great Paula Deen once said "I'm not your doctor, honey, I'm your cook!"

I love carbs, and even more so if they are fried. These fried sweet potatoes aren't made with your regular orange sweet potato, also known as yams. This recipe calls for the white sweet potato, known to us as boniato, or even the Cuban sweet potato.


vegetable oil
boniato (sweet potato)
salt or sugar <------I use salt

-Fill pan with oil and keep on medium heat.

-Peel sweet potatoes , don't take too long because they tend to darken in some areas. Cut into thin, chip like slices.


- Place in pan filled with the medium hot oil. Slowly go turning up the heat and cook until they get golden.
The reason I do it with the warm oil first, is that I want it to cook thoroughly. If you place in really hot oil they tend to burn.

- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
I have heard some people say they like using sugar. I haven't tried it, but I prefer them salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment