Pages

December 2, 2009

Homemade Hot Chocolate

In Miami, we kind of get stiffed when it comes to winter. Cold nights for us are in the high 60's. If we are lucky enough, we may see one, or two nights where we reach somewhere in the 50's.

So whenever I get the opportunity, I like making hot chocolate. Usually I just make the store bought stuff, and most of the time its sugar free. So we can say it's not the best tasting.

A few days ago I found this recipe from "Kelly's Favorite Recipes" and gave it a try. We loved it! The only thing I added was some cornstarch to make it a bit thicker.


Homemade Hot Chocolate
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk in boiling water and heat mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously. Stir in milk and heat until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.




We had these with CHURROS

No comments:

Post a Comment