Pages

December 3, 2009

Grilled Cheese w/ turkey Sandwich

I'm not a big sandwich eater. I usually prefer a full plate of food, however, grilled cheese is my exception. Just the thought of the ooey-gooeyness makes me crave one.

1 tablespoon minced onion (red or yellow)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream <-----I used mayo
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard <-----I didn't have so I used spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme <-------i used the dried thyme
4 teaspoons butter, softened
4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
6 (1-ounce) slices fat-free, honey-roasted smoked turkey breast
4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices tomato
2 (1/2-ounce) slices Muenster cheese


Although the recipe says this amount of cheese, you can add as much as you like. I went ahead, and added 3 slices because I like it really cheesy.


Grilled Cheese w/ turkey Sandwich

Combine onion, sour cream, mustard and thyme together. Let sit for a few minutes so the flavors can build.



Spread butter mixture on the inside part of the bread;
add 2-3 turkey slices, tomato slices, and cheese slice (or slices). Top with the other bread. Butter the outsides of the sandwich.



Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the sandwiches; cover and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. I used a sandwich press.

No comments:

Post a Comment